NCCR has the mission in advocating for cooperatives through the following aspects :
1) Promoting and advocating cooperatives among its members and the public through socially oriented projects, education and training, research and communication, and other similar activities to reach out to its intended beneficiaries.
2) Promoting and advancing the economic and social status of the cooperatives.
3) Promoting and advancing the economic and social status of the members ;
4) Coordinating and facilitating the activities of Cooperatives ;
5) Advocating for the cause of the Cooperative movements ;
6) Ensuring the viability of Cooperatives through the utilization of new technologies ;
7) Encouraging and promoting self-help or self-employment as an engine for economic growth and poverty alleviation ;
8) Ensuring that cooperatives are using the cooperative law in Rwanda
9) To have aware of the changes that might be happened such as in Law, Regulations and etc.
10) Auditing advocacy for qualifying the cooperative compliance with laws and regulations at affordable cost.